Which Home Repairs to do First?
Owning a home is great – you get to build your own equity, have the satisfaction of owning your own property, get to customize it the way you like it, not to mention the tax breaks and other benefits. But owning a home does come with responsibility: to keep your home maintained and repaired. When your budget is tight, which repair jobs are the most important?
A recent article from CNN Money helps you to prioritize home repairs in order of importance. Jobs that could potentially cause the most damage or harm should be tackled first.
1. Electrical System – A faulty electrical system can potentially cause fires or electrocution. You don’t want to go there.
2. Structural Repairs – There’s not much point in fixing other things until the foundation of the house is secure.
3. Roof Leaks – Will create a host of other problems FAST. Get this fixed pronto!
4. Gutters – Help to prevent damaging water leaks
5. Exterior Walls – Repair and repaint exterior walls to keep house sealed and protected from damage.
6. Aging Equipment – Such as a heating/cooling system, when you can.
Read the full article with more details here.